- The cancer has advanced to a level, that there are no options available to cure the cancer 100% (as as one doctor put it, there is no treatment which can be considered as a home run).
- All the doctors have given a fixed time period for her survival. This time is different, ranging from 8-10 weeks, to 6 months. Some of the reasons for the "shorter" time are
- The fact she has Diabetes complicates the matter, in case she gets any infection.
- Three months back (in May 2007), her blood sugar had gone dangerously low (about 30). As a part of follow-up tests, she had a CT scan (I need to investigate if it was done with a dye or not. And, also if it was a plain oversight, since nobody was looking for it.), which did not show up the liver tumor. So, this means the current tumor has grown to this size, in 3 months.
Some reasons for the "longer" time are - The fact that she is not exhibiting any "severe symptoms" (such as fluid in the abdomen).
I am hoping I can add more to this second list. - All doctors have ruled against surgically removal of the tumor (since it has spread), and Chemotherapy (on grounds of the limited current life expectancy and the very limited addition after Chemo, and the side affects of the same). The doctors are simply suggesting we take "Palliative measures", which as I understand mean, just treat her symptoms (pain, nausea etc.) as and when they appear.
Sep 24, 2007
What the Doctor's say ...
Here is what the doctor's say (I am trying not to add my personal comments to this),
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment